LANXESS
Maclean named CEO of JV with Advent
Calum Maclean (Photo: Clariant)
Germany’s Lanxess (Cologne; www.lanxess.com) has announced that Calum Maclean, 58, will head its JV with US financial investor Advent International (Boston, Massachusetts; www.adventinternational.com – see Plasteurope.com of 31.05.2022). The companies said they plan to create a new heavyweight in the engineering thermoplastics market with the DSM materials division acquired by Advent and the Lanxess High Performance Materials segment. The consolidated turnover would be at around EUR 3 bn.

Maclean has 30 years of experience in petrochemicals, most recently as CEO of Synthomer and before that as director at Ineos, in addition to being part of the supervisory boards of Sabic and Clariant. He resigned his seat at the latter in April 2022.

While at Ineos, the native Scotsman played an essential role in founding the UK company’s Styrolution and PetroIneos JVs. Advent noted that this makes him ideal for the task ahead.

Transaction and foundation of the new company, the name of which has not yet been disclosed, are expected to be completed in the first half of 2023, pending approval by antitrust authorities. Advent will hold 60% and Lanxess the remaining 40% – at least until the probable complete takeover by the US investor. Lanxess said the respective spin-offs are in the works, as are preparations for day one.
22.09.2022 Plasteurope.com [251205-0]
Published on 22.09.2022
Lanxess: Calum Maclean wird Chef des neuen JV mit AdventGerman version of this article...

© 2001-2022 Plasteurope.com  |  Imprint  |  Privacy  |  Cookie settings

Plasteurope.com is a business information platform for the European plastics industry. It is part of KI Kunststoff Information and PIE Plastics Information Europe, one of the leading content providers for the European plastics industry. We offer daily updated business news and reports, in-depth market analysis, polymer prices and other services for the international plastics industry, including a suppliers guide, career opportunities, a trade name directory and videos.

News | Polymer Prices | Material Databases | Plastics Exchange | Suppliers Guide | Jobs | Trade Names | Videos | Associations & Institutions | Register | Advertising

PIE – Plastics Information Europe | KI – Kunststoff Information | KunststoffWeb | Plastics Material Exchange | Polyglobe | K-Profi
© 2001-2022 by Plasteurope.com, Bad Homburg
Date of print: 28.11.2022 16:45:39   (Ref: 621600277)
Text and images are subject to copyright and other laws for protection of intellectual property.
Any duplication or distribution in any media as a whole or in parts requires prior written approval by Plasteurope. URL: http://www.plasteurope.com/news/detail.asp