SCHUR FLEXIBLES
B&C Industrieholding buys majority stake in packaging maker
B&C Industrieholding purchased the stake from a US investor (Photo: Schur Flexibles)
Austria’s B&C Industrieholding (Vienna; www.bcgruppe.at) has bought 80% of compatriot film and packaging manufacturer Schur Flexibles (Wiener Neudorf; www.schurflexibles.com), with the rest of the 20% remaining with the current owner, US financial investor Lindsay Goldberg (New York, New York; www.lindsaygoldbergllc.com). Though financial details of the deal were not disclosed, B&C estimated the enterprise value of Schur Flexibles, including existing financing, at around EUR 900m when the transaction was agreed upon in May (see Plasteurope.com of 19.05.2021).

The Schur Flexibles group has 23 production sites in 11 European countries, a workforce of around 2,200, and annual turnover of EUR 590m. Since its takeover by Lindsay Goldberg in 2016, the film manufacturer had more than doubled its sales, driven primarily by acquisitions (see Plasteurope.com of 14.04.2021 and 01.07.2021). Towards the end of 2020, Schur entered a purchasing cooperation with competitor Bischof + Klein (B+K, Lengerich / Germany; www.bk-international.com – see Plasteurope.com of 27.11.2020).

B&C MD Thomas Zimpfer said, “As the new Austrian majority owner, we enable the company to grow internationally and at the same time strengthen Austria as a business and innovation location in the important packaging segment. The corporate headquarters of Schur Flexibles in Wiener Neudorf will act as a research and development centre for the entire Schur Group and will play a leading role internationally in innovative and sustainable packaging solutions.”
08.10.2021 Plasteurope.com [248748-0]
Published on 08.10.2021
Schur Flexibles: Österreichische B&C Holding schließt Übernahme abGerman version of this article...

© 2001-2021 Plasteurope.com  |  Imprint  |  Privacy  |  Cookie settings

Plasteurope.com is a business information platform for the European plastics industry. It is part of KI Kunststoff Information and PIE Plastics Information Europe, one of the leading content providers for the European plastics industry. We offer daily updated business news and reports, in-depth market analysis, polymer prices and other services for the international plastics industry, including a suppliers guide, career opportunities, a trade name directory and videos.

News | Polymer Prices | Material Databases | Plastics Exchange | Suppliers Guide | Jobs | Trade Names | Videos | Associations & Institutions | Register | Advertising

PIE – Plastics Information Europe | KI – Kunststoff Information | KunststoffWeb | Plastics Material Exchange | Polyglobe | K-Profi
© 2001-2021 by Plasteurope.com, Bad Homburg
Date of print: 03.12.2021 01:11:01   (Ref: 94441142)
Text and images are subject to copyright and other laws for protection of intellectual property.
Any duplication or distribution in any media as a whole or in parts requires prior written approval by Plasteurope. URL: http://www.plasteurope.com/news/detail.asp