NOLATO
Swedish company purchases US injection moulder GW Plastics / Medical Solutions set to be by far the largest division
Cleanroom production at GW Silicones (Photo: GW Plastics)
Injection moulding company Nolato (Toreskov / Sweden; www.nolato.com) is acquiring competitor GW Plastics (Bethel, Vermont / USA; www.gwplastics.com), which specialises in complex injection-moulded parts, for approximately SEK 2 bn (EUR 195m). The purchase essentially boosts Nolato’s presence in the US, which has so far comprised two plants in Andover, New Jersey, and Baldwin, Wisconsin. The transaction is to be completed by the end of September 2020.

This will increase the sales of Nolato’s Medical Solutions segment, currently its second-largest segment, turning it into by far the largest division. In 2019, GW Plastics generated overall revenues equivalent to EUR 175m, with medical solutions accounting for some 80% of this. The remaining 20% came from automotive parts, assigned to the Industrial Solutions segment at Nolato. Overall sales at Nolato are thus in excess of SEK 6 bn, with medical solutions set to account for almost half of this in future.

GW Plastics has 1,100 employees in seven plants in the US (4), Mexico and China. Together with Irish mould manufacturer Avenue Mould Solutions, acquired in 2017, it will operate largely independently in the first instance under the current management of president and CEO Brenan Riehl – but under the name Nolato-GW.

The company is noted especially for multi-component injection moulding as well as for overmoulding and encapsulation with thermoplastics and liquid silicone rubber (LSR). It was only at the start of 2020 that GW Plastics expanded the plant of its subsidiary GW Silicones in Royalton, Vermont, by just under 3,000 m², also adding a class-8 cleanroom with space for 20 injection moulding machines.
17.08.2020 Plasteurope.com [245712-0]
Published on 17.08.2020
Nolato: Schweden kaufen US-Spritzgießer GW PlasticsGerman version of this article...

© 2001-2021 Plasteurope.com  |  Imprint  |  Privacy  |  Cookie settings

Plasteurope.com is a business information platform for the European plastics industry. It is part of KI Kunststoff Information and PIE Plastics Information Europe, one of the leading content providers for the European plastics industry. We offer daily updated business news and reports, in-depth market analysis, polymer prices and other services for the international plastics industry, including a suppliers guide, career opportunities, a trade name directory and videos.

News | Polymer Prices | Material Databases | Plastics Exchange | Suppliers Guide | Jobs | Trade Names | Videos | Associations & Institutions | Register | Advertising

PIE – Plastics Information Europe | KI – Kunststoff Information | KunststoffWeb | Plastics Material Exchange | Polyglobe | K-Profi
© 2001-2021 by Plasteurope.com, Bad Homburg
Date of print: 26.02.2021 04:43:52   (Ref: 52548870)
Text and images are subject to copyright and other laws for protection of intellectual property.
Any duplication or distribution in any media as a whole or in parts requires prior written approval by Plasteurope. URL: http://www.plasteurope.com/news/detail.asp