SIRMAX
Italian compounder expands commitment to biocompounds / Takeover of Microtec
Sirmax’s headquarters in Cittadella / Italy (Photo: Sirmax)
For EUR 20m, compounder Sirmax (Cittadella / Italy; www.sirmax.com) has acquired 70% of the shares of Microtec (Padova / Italy; www.mastercolour.eu), which produces and markets PE and PP masterbatches and biocompounds. Founder Diego Lombardo will retain the remaining 30%. Sirmax wants to invest heavily in the expansion of production capacities here.

Over the next three years, a new 12,000 m˛ production hall is to be built next to the existing 5,000 m˛ hall. The new building will provide space for 10 plants with a compounding capacity of up to 40,000 t/y. To begin with, the plan is for two Coperion extruders to double output to 16,000 t in the old hall from the beginning of 2020. Microtec is currently operating with four production lines.

The Padova-based company was founded in 2012 and has a workforce of 20, generating sales of around EUR 19m. The company develops and produces compounds and masterbatches based on biopolymers, copolyesters (PBAT) and, since recently, PLA.

For Sirmax, the majority takeover is another step in its endeavour to expand production capacity for recyclate and bioplastics. At the start of August 2019, the company announced it would build a second plant in Indiana / USA to produce recyclate from polypropylene and polyethylene waste – see Plasteurope.com of 06.08.2019. In addition, earlier in the year, the company acquired Italian recycler Societa Europea di Rigenerazione (SER) – see Plasteurope.com of 25.02.2019.

With the Microtec acquisition, Sirmax now operates four plants in Italy, two in India and one each in Brazil and Poland. Another Polish plant is currently under construction – see Plasteurope.com of 06.06.2018.
10.09.2019 Plasteurope.com [243398-0]
Published on 10.09.2019
Sirmax: Italienischer Compoundeur baut Biokunststoff-Engagement ausGerman version of this article...

© 2001-2019 Plasteurope.com  |  Imprint  |  Privacy

Plasteurope.com is a business information platform for the European plastics industry. It is part of KI Kunststoff Information and PIE Plastics Information Europe, one of the leading content providers for the European plastics industry. We offer daily updated business news and reports, in-depth market analysis, polymer prices and other services for the international plastics industry, including a suppliers guide, career opportunities, a trade name directory and videos.

News | Polymer Prices | Material Databases | Plastics Exchange | Suppliers Guide | Jobs | Trade Names | Videos | Associations & Institutions | Register | Advertising

PIE – Plastics Information Europe | KI – Kunststoff Information | KunststoffWeb | Plastics Material Exchange | Polyglobe | K-Profi
© 2001-2019 by Plasteurope.com, Bad Homburg
Date of print: 19.09.2019 15:10:27   (Ref: 452224805)
Text and images are subject to copyright and other laws for protection of intellectual property.
Any duplication or distribution in any media as a whole or in parts requires prior written approval by Plasteurope. URL: http://www.plasteurope.com/news/detail.asp