MANULI STRETCH
Investor takes over Italian stretch films producer / Plans to restructure / Group to be renamed M Stretch
Films manufacturer Manuli Stretch (Milan / Italy; www.manulistretch.com) is undergoing major restructuring. Investment firm Oxy Capital (Milan; www.oxycapital.it) and the Credito Fondiario bank (Rome / Italy; www.creditofondiario.eu) have acquired a majority 80% stake in the PE stretch film manufacturer, with the remaining 20% to stay with the Sandro Manuli family. The agreement was signed on 24 September 2018 with the consent of Manuli's principal creditor Intesa Sanpaolo (www.intesasanpaolo.com).

The group will be renamed M Stretch and placed under new management. At its four plants in Germany, Argentina and Brazil, the company operates capacities for 250,000 t/y of stretch films. It also has seven sales branches in Europe. Its main factory is at Schkopau / Germany.

Manuli Stretch generated revenues of EUR 280m in 2017, with an EBITDA of just EUR 9m – too little to sustain its EUR 55m debt, which Oxy is taking over. Credito Fondiario is also granting a EUR 12m loan to put the new business plan into action. This provides for reorienting production and distribution to higher quality products, as well as an improvement of efficiency of current production. Further details are not given. The family will withdraw from management, giving Oxy full operational control.
09.10.2018 Plasteurope.com [240823-0]
Published on 09.10.2018
Manuli Stretch: Finanzinvestor stößt Restrukturierung anGerman version of this article...

© 2001-2018 Plasteurope.com  |  Imprint  |  Privacy

Plasteurope.com is a business information platform for the European plastics industry. It is part of KI Kunststoff Information and PIE Plastics Information Europe, one of the leading content providers for the European plastics industry. We offer daily updated business news and reports, in-depth market analysis, polymer prices and other services for the international plastics industry, including a suppliers guide, career opportunities, a trade name directory and videos.

News | Polymer Prices | Material Databases | Plastics Exchange | Suppliers Guide | Jobs | Trade Names | Videos | Associations & Institutions | Register | Advertising

PIE – Plastics Information Europe | KI – Kunststoff Information | KunststoffWeb | Plastics Material Exchange | Polyglobe | K-Profi
© 2001-2018 by Plasteurope.com, Bad Homburg
Date of print: 18.10.2018 01:10:24   (Ref: 950576272)
Text and images are subject to copyright and other laws for protection of intellectual property.
Any duplication or distribution in any media as a whole or in parts requires prior written approval by Plasteurope. URL: http://www.plasteurope.com/news/detail.asp