BENETEAU
Takeover of Delphia's Polish shipyard / Majority stake in Slovenian sailing yacht builder Seascape
French boat manufacturer Beneteau (Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie; www.beneteau-group.com) is on a shopping spree. While its flagging competitor Bavaria Yachtbau is struggling to survive – see Plasteurope.com of 14.06.2018 – the French company has taken over Delphia Yachts (Warsaw / Poland; www.en.delphiayachts.eu). Delphia builds a range of sailboats and motorboats with hulls made of composites and wood. The Polish yacht maker has already been producing boats for Beneteau at its Olecko factory for some time.

The acquisition will take place with a holding company in which Beneteau will hold 80% and Delphia the remaining 20%. Among other things, the acquisition expands the company's presence in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

Since its founding in 1990, Delphia has built around 25,000 boats. The company currently has 679 employees, and its sales in 2017 amounted to the equivalent of EUR 30m, with EUR 2m in income from ordinary operations.

This takeover comes on the heels of Beneteau acquiring a 60% stake in sailing yacht builder Seascape (Ljubljana / Slovenia; www.thinkseascape.com) on 9 July 2018. The Slovenian shipyard’s founders, Andraž Mihelin and Kristian Hajnšek, will retain 40% of the capital. Being a majority stakeholder in Seascape will enable Beneteau to “offer a selection of small sailing yachts designed for both novice sailors and enthusiasts, often younger and first-time buyers,” says Hervé Gastinel, Beneteau CEO.
17.07.2018 Plasteurope.com [240193-0]
Published on 17.07.2018
Bénéteau: Erwerb der polnischen Bootswerft DelphiaGerman version of this article...

© 2001-2022 Plasteurope.com  |  Imprint  |  Privacy  |  Cookie settings

Plasteurope.com is a business information platform for the European plastics industry. It is part of KI Kunststoff Information and PIE Plastics Information Europe, one of the leading content providers for the European plastics industry. We offer daily updated business news and reports, in-depth market analysis, polymer prices and other services for the international plastics industry, including a suppliers guide, career opportunities, a trade name directory and videos.

News | Polymer Prices | Material Databases | Plastics Exchange | Suppliers Guide | Jobs | Trade Names | Videos | Associations & Institutions | Register | Advertising

PIE – Plastics Information Europe | KI – Kunststoff Information | KunststoffWeb | Plastics Material Exchange | Polyglobe | K-Profi
© 2001-2022 by Plasteurope.com, Bad Homburg
Date of print: 28.11.2022 15:53:44   (Ref: 621598800)
Text and images are subject to copyright and other laws for protection of intellectual property.
Any duplication or distribution in any media as a whole or in parts requires prior written approval by Plasteurope. URL: http://www.plasteurope.com/news/detail.asp